Monday 9 May 2016

True Love

   Today was a day that I will surely never forget! I woke up this morning with excitement and anticipation. My boyfriend, David, was on his way to Tororo!

   When I woke up in the morning I couldn’t help but smile. I was so excited for this day! I immediately jumped out of bed and got ready. I walked to Pastor Ruth’s home because we had some shopping to do. We are going to see Bogere and his new family tomorrow, so we went to the shops so I could buy the whole family some sandals, mosquito nets, and some meals. I am very excited to see Bogere tomorrow. I miss him already. 

   After we purchased all of those things for the family, we went back to Pastor Ruth’s home to drop everything off, and then I went to Smile Africa. I was excited to see all those beautiful babies. Originally, the dentist was supposed to come and examine all of the babies today, but he had an emergency with someone, so we had to postpone that until Wednesday. None of the babies have ever been seen by a dentist, and we have children who are 4 years old. So it is definitely time for them to be seen by a dentist. We also have a few babies that seem to have gingivitis, so having this dentist come is going to be really good for them. 

   After several hours at the baby home, it was finally time, the moment I have been waiting for. It was time to go pick up David from the airfield in Tororo. Albert, Pastor Ruth’s son, drove me to the airfield where we waited for David’s plane to land. I was waiting very impatiently I might admit. I was so excited! My heart was racing 100 beats per second. I couldn’t wait to see him.


    Then finally I heard the plane, and then I saw it! David was right there! The plane did a circle in the sky and then landed. It took everything in me to not run up to the plane. Then finally the engines stopped and David stepped out. I saw him; my heart felt like it flew up to the sky and my feet felt light as a feather. I took off in a dead sprint!



   Once I reached him, I leaped into his arms. Good thing he is strong because I came running fast. David held his arms out as I leaped into his arms and he wrapped me in the biggest hug possible. David has never been to Africa before. This was his first time and he is not going on a safari or to sight see, he came because he believes in me and believes in the dream that God has put in my heart. That is True Love.



   After we got all the suitcases out of the plane, we got in the van to head to Smile Africa. I was so excited for David to see the baby home and all the work that Smile Africa and City of Lights International has been able to accomplish. When we went through the gate of Smile Africa and I pointed out the baby home, David had a big smile on his face. I was so proud to be able to show him the work of my heart.

   When we arrived at the baby home, it was the older babies nap time, so we walked quietly through their room so David could see them and then into the smaller babies room. David loved on and took pictures of all the babies. Then finally it was time for the older babies to wake up. David sponsors baby Enoch and he was one of the first to wake up. Enoch sat up crying and David came in the room and immediately picked him up and held him in a big hug.


   After an hour at the baby home it was time for dinner with Pastor Ruth. It was so wonderful to have David and Pastor Ruth in one room, 2 people I love so much, in the same room. While David and Pastor Ruth were talking, I found myself staring at David, not believing that this is real life. Love followed me all the way to Uganda…this must really be True Love.  

Good Night :)


   

No comments:

Post a Comment