Monday 2 May 2016

Anticipation

   Have you ever noticed that when you are waiting for time to go by that it just seems to creep at a mind-blowingly slow rate? That was the story of my life on this trip to Uganda. I wanted to get here so bad that every hour seemed like an eternity, but after the stops and the lay-overs, I finally made it!!

   When I finally saw Pastor Ruth my heart just about dropped to my ankles. I pushed the trolly with my 4 BAGS of baby gear as fast as I possibly could!!! Then I was able to give her the biggest hug ever. I have missed her so much. It is always like coming to be with family when I land in Uganda. Pastor Ruth told me that the nurse and baby Faith were in the car. I could hardly wait! I just wanted to fly down to the car! The anticipation was killing me! We walked down the little hill and through the parking lot...

   Then there she was...that beautiful little girl with her big eyes and adorable dimples...my Faith. She saw me and looked down with a big smile on her face, as if she were shy. I hugged the nurse hello and then I picked up baby Faith. I am not sure what was harder, waiting for time to go by, or holding back the tears when I held her in my arms. It was the greatest feeling in the world having Faith back in my arms again. We then made the drive to the hotel in Kampala where Faith, the nurse, and myself are staying tonight. The whole time I kept Faith close, on my lap and would not let her go. She laid in my arms so still and then she fell asleep.

   Faith has never been in a swimming pool. This baby LOVES playing in the bath, so I thought she would love going in the pool. I brought her a swimming suit, thinking that we would have some time to play in the pool together, but...I forgot my own swimming suit. OOPPS! That was bad planning. Luckily, my favorite outfit of choice is basketball shorts and a T-shirt, so I swam in those. FAITH LOVED THE WATER!
                                 

   Faith smiled enormously when we first went in the water, then all she wanted to do was splash! Once we got into the big pool, she just wanted to swim. It was like she instinctively knew how to swim. She immediately put her hands out and her feet out. I held onto her tummy and floated her across the pool and occasionally she would kick her feet as if she wanted to go faster! Faith is going to be a great swimmer.
                                  

   It was an amazing first day with Faith. We got to spend a lot of time together, which we both needed. After some time at the pool I told Faith that we needed to go back inside and get cleaned up so that we could go have dinner. This is the look that Faith shot me...
                                  

HAHA! She is so darn cute! Well I have had a long day of traveling today and a long day of traveling ahead of me tomorrow...so its time for bed, for all of us. Oh, also, Faith has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so please be praying for that. :)

Good Night Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love to see the joy on your face when you are in Uganda. Praying for Faith tomorrow as you bring her to the doctors and all goes well. Love you praying god's angels in charge over you by day and night. Please give Pastor Ruth a big hug for me

    ReplyDelete