Thursday 5 May 2016

Peace Out

   I had an earlier start to my day today. I began my morning walk with a quick pace. I was eager to get to Smile Africa and see all the beautiful babies. When I reached the baby home, Enoch came running over to me with the biggest smile. He is such a sweet boy. I picked him up right away and continued walking inside. The older children were away at school so it was just the younger ones that were running around playing. I opened the door for them to come outside and play and immediately they all came running outside. First out of the door was baby Jeremiah. 



   The sky was cloudy as if it was going to rain, but the temperature was warm, so it was a much nicer day than yesterday. There was even thunder throughout the day! You will have to excuse my enthusiasm for thunder; I live in Los Angeles where there is no such thing. Then, finally, it started to rain and all the children began screaming and laughing! It was a fun sight to see.

   After playing outside we went to pick up the older children from school. I have only seen the school once before, so it was great coming to see them. They looked absolutely adorable in their uniforms as they walked toward the van.  We finally had all 5 babies, Moses, Eric, Ruth, Grace and Peter in the van so we headed back to Smile Africa. The second we arrived the children went to go play with their friends and have a snack. I played with them for a while, and then I went to go visit with the other children of Smile Africa. There are children who live in a very poor slum next to Smile Africa and they come during the day to go to school and have lunch, then they go back home at night.

   I began to talk and play with these children. They are so funny and so full of life. They wanted me to take pictures of them over and over again and then show them what they look like. Once I showed them, they would all burst into laughter. It was the cutest thing! Once I held up the camera to take their photo they would hold up a peace sign and say, "Peace Out!" in their cute Ugandan accents. 




   It was a wonderful day loving on all the children. Pastor Ruth and I also set up a few appointments for the babies that will take place next week, one of which being a dental appointment. Most of our babies now have teeth, so we just want to make sure that they are healthy. Since the dentist is every kid’s favorite person, I am sure it will be lots of fun! HA! Wish us luck…we have 23 children that will be examined by the dentist next week!

Good Night :)

1 comment:

  1. So much joy in one day 😇 May the Lord cause each day to productive and filled with His overflowing of love and joy. Hugs to you and Pastor Ruth

    ReplyDelete