Sunday 8 May 2016

Mother's Day In Uganda

   First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers around the world! The sacrifices you make for your children do not go unnoticed. Know that you are loved, treasured, and honored today and every day. I hope that today you feel adored by your friends and family. I would also like to say Happy Mother's Day to my mom! Thank you for believing in the call of God on my life. Thank you for loving me unconditionally (even through my teen years...God bless em) and always encouraging me to fight for what I believe in. I truly believe that I get my passion to fight injustice from you, so thank you for instilling that in me and then allowing me to follow the path that God has set for me. I love you very much. 

   I have been blessed to have many mothers all over the world. The African saying... "It takes a village to raise a child" is real wisdom. Growing up in church, I had the opportunity to be "raised" by many women. I had many mothers and big sisters in the church that helped mold me and guide me into the woman I am today.

   One of the women that I consider a mother figure would be Pastor Ruth. When I lived in Tororo for those several months in 2012, she really was a mother to me. I have learned a lot from her and I continue to learn a lot. So when I woke up this morning, I was really looking forward to giving her the Mother's Day present that I had for her. It was nothing major, just a necklace, but I wanted her to have something that would show her I appreciate her and love her. I walked to her home and gave her the present and a big hug, she deserves it.

   After a few minutes at her home together, it was time to go into town to get more groceries for Bogere's new family. We are going to see Bogere again on Tuesday, and we wanted to be able to bring them more groceries as a way of saying thank you. After we shopped around for several hours, Pastor Ruth went back to her home and I headed to Smile Africa to see the beautiful babies. 

   When I arrived at the baby home, I was welcomed by the biggest smile in the world, sweet baby Enoch. As soon as I opened the gate, the babies came running over to say hello, but the smile that I noticed first, was Enoch's.
                               
                                 

   After I hugged all the babies, I went straight over to the caregivers. I hugged each of them and said Happy Mother's Day to all of them. Some of these amazing women have children of their own, some do not, but they are the mothers to over 30 babies at the baby home. I wanted them to feel appreciated and loved today for all their hard work and dedication to the babies. I gave them each a necklace to show them that I love them and that I am grateful for all that they do for these babies. Here is one of our caregivers with her new necklace.
       
                                 

   Although I do not have children of my own yet, I feel like I am a mother in some way...to 30 babies. First of all, all of the babies that can talk, call me mommy, and secondly, I love each of them with all my heart. I would do any and everything for these children. So today, I am celebrating Mother's Day in Uganda. Tomorrow is going to be a very exciting day! You will have to wait and read what happens tomorrow!

Good Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment