Tuesday 3 May 2016

Journey Home

   It was an incredibly tiring night last night. Baby Faith was not feeling well at all, her stomach was hurting, her mouth was hurting, she was extremely uncomfortable. I felt so bad for her. There was nothing I could do to make her feel better, and trust me, I tried everything. This little girl woke up EVERY HOUR throughout the night. So needless to say, we had a long night. Of course, when it was time to wake up, Faith was fast asleep with no problems at all. Sadly, I had to wake her up because we had to get to her doctors appointment on time.

   Luckily for us, the doctor was close by, so we made it there quickly. Faith had eye surgery July 2015. It was time for her check up to make sure everything was working properly. The doctor looked at Faith and assured us that the part they had worked on was healed perfectly. We could even tell that it helped Faith a lot because after the surgery she was able to have better balance and learn to walk. The challenge is now the other side of the eye, so the doctor was checking that out. The doctor had to put drops into Faith's eye to get a better look and...well...lets just say that Faith was no amused. 

   While sitting in the waiting room for the drops in Faith's eye to take affect, I took a moment to look around the room. I saw a dozen children who were either blind, cross eyed, squint eyed, had a lazy eye or some other form of eye problem. There were children as young as a few months old with these serious eye conditions. My heart broke. I felt so helpless at that moment. I just wished there was something that I could do for all of them, but all I could do in that moment was pray, so I did. Then we got called back to the doctor. 

   Faith also has a problem with her left leg. She sort of has to pull it as she walks. The doctor suggested that we go and see a neurologist just to make sure that the fact that Faith's left eye and her left leg are both having a problem are not related. If the issues with her leg and her eye are related then it could be an issue in her brain. I am praying hard that there is nothing wrong with her brain. I just wish I knew what the problem was so we could fix it for her. We will be going to the neurologist sometime this week to find out for sure what the issue is.

   Finally the appointment was over and it was time to go home. We all got back in the van and began the journey home. After the long night and the long day, I was so tired. The trip home was going to be around 4 hours, so I was finally able to get some rest. I then noticed that we were approaching Tororo. I was so excited! I recognized the street and knew that we were almost back at Smile Africa. Then I saw the gate! I was so happy! I have missed the children so much. The second that we parked I immediately jumped out of the van with Faith and went toward the baby home. All of the children were inside eating their snack before bed time. Once they were finished they all ran over and I hugged every one that I could! They have grown so much! 

The journey had been a long one and it was getting late, so I only spent a few minutes at the baby home. As I was walking away I looked back and I just had to stop and take it all in. Breathtaking. 


   I am now off to bed, very excited about the busy day ahead of me tomorrow. :) Good night. 



5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a long hard day. Get your rest so you stay healthy.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you my dear, that is such a great job and God will truly reward you for that. Thank you for being kind to helpless children. I love you and you have inspired me.

    Thank you very much Paris Wagner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you and am so proud of you!!
    Xoxo... Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you got some much needed rest. Praying Gods hand of mercy and healing on your precious baby faith thank you for sharing your amazing journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative site and article about the Eye Surgery Faithabd i must bookmark it and keep posting interesting articles.
    Eye Surgery Faith

    ReplyDelete